Congratulations, the sale of your home has now gone unconditional.
To make the transition as seamless as possible for the new owners, we ask if you could please take 5 minutes of your time to provide a little insight into your home.
Some of our buyers are new to the area and this information goes a long way in welcoming them into the area.
Little White Book of Trades & Professionals
Before your settlement date, we wanted to share a list of contacts we recommend to help support you through your move. In our Little White Book of Trades & Professionals, you will find some of the best support services we can confidently recommend.
Download a copy of our Little White Book of Local Trades & Professionals here.
- Confirm your settlement details with your solicitor and agent. (Note, once your home has settled you are expected to have vacated the property, the keys will be then handed to the new owners at the time of settlement)
- Pre-plan and schedule any necessary repairs required. You can find our recommended trades noted within our Little White Book of Local Trades & Professionals here.
- Notify the Electoral Office of your new address.
- Update Drivers Licence and Car Registration.
- Arrange to have your mail held or redirected to your new address. You can do that here with the Australia post redirection service here.
- Redirect or cancel newspaper and other subscriptions.
- Arrange a rubbish pick-up with the local Council.
- Transfer and set up utilities at your new address.
- Book cleaners. You can find our recommended cleaners noted within our Little White Book of Local Trades & Professionals here.
- Advise services, eg. gardener, cleaner, pool cleaner.
- Re-confirm all moving details with the removalist. Confirm that your mover has all contact numbers, new address and clear detailed instructions.
- Confirm your settlement details with your solicitor and agent.
- Return all keys and garage remotes to your Agent, prior to settlement. Settlement generally occurs between 12 and 2pm. Once the property has settled the home now technically belongs to the buyer.